Live: NSW Now: Police renew appeal for teen missing for 25 years, man charged with bestiality

Category: کارما No comments

Here’s what you need to know this morning.

Appeal for missing teen

Police are renewing their appeal for any information about the disappearance of a teenage girl from Lake Macquarie more than 25 years ago.

Gordana Kotevski was aged 16 when she was last seen being forced into a vehicle on Powell Street, Charlestown on November 24, 1994.

She’d been walking from the local shopping centre to her aunt’s home about 9:00pm.

The appeal comes during this year’s Missing Persons Week, which aims to raise national awareness for those who have never come home.

Police are expected to address the media about the case later this morning.

Man charged with bestiality

A man will face court today on the Mid North Coast after a video containing bestiality was shared on several social media platforms earlier this year.

Officers began their investigation back in June after they were alerted to the video.

They arrested a 41-year-old man from Nambucca Heads after seizing a number of items, including a laptop and USB devices and SD cards.

The man was charged with possess prohibited drug, bestiality and intentionally distribute intimate image without consent.

COVID-19 case detected in Newcastle

The exterior of a school building.
St Pius X High School is closed for cleaning after a student tested positive for COVID-19.(Facebook: St Pius X High School)

St Pius X High School in Newcastle will be closed for cleaning and a soccer team has been placed in self-isolation today after a student tested positive for COVID-19.

Hunter New England Health confirmed a male member of the Newcastle Jets under 15s, was infectious when he played against the Stanmore Hawks in Dulwich Hill on August 1.

His team and members of the opposing team, as well as passengers on the Number 26 school bus he travelled on on August 3, will be required to self-isolate.

It is the first case in Newcastle for several weeks and health authorities are investigating the source of the infection.

Doctors welcome hotel quarantine

A close-up shot of a man from the waist down walking outside a hotel pulling two large white suitcases on wheels.
People arriving in NSW from Victoria must quarantine in hotels from tomorrow.(AAP: Richard Wainwright)

The state’s peak doctors’ group says the decision to force residents returning from Victoria to stay in mandatory hotel quarantine “adds an extra layer of protection”.

The Opposition had been calling for the move in recent days, but the NSW Government insisted its decision was prompted by the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases in Victoria.

The change comes into effect from tomorrow and means people flying into Sydney Airport will spend 14 days in hotel quarantine at their own expense, as well as being screened on arrival.

Danielle McMullen, president of the Australian Medical Association, said doctors across the state welcomed the move.

“We recognise that for some people, quarantining at home is challenging,” Dr McMullen said.

“Being able to quarantine in a hotel protects their household and also can just ensure that people really are self-isolating properly.”

Officers charged with sexual assault

Two NSW Police officers from the specialist command have been charged over an alleged sexual assault.

Yesterday morning, two senior constables were arrested and taken to Hurstville Police station in Sydney’s west.

A 30-year-old man and a 29-year-old man were charged with aggravated sexual assault, producing child abuse material and the latter was also charged with misconduct in public office.

Both were refused bail and suspended without pay while investigations continue.

tinyurlis.gdv.gdv.htu.nuclck.ruulvis.netshrtco.detny.im

Leave a reply

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>